I barely wear makeup but when I do there are 5 main products I use for an everyday makeup look!
When I wear make up I always want to look the MOST natural. I don’t usually contour (Im not an expert at these things), but I do have products in my make up stash that will allow me to contour if I wanted to experiment.
However, my make up routine usually consists of:
- A base – Primer/pore minimizer/ moisturizer (because I’ve learned you want your make up to look as smooth as possible and you also want your face to be moisturized and not dry.
- A BB cream or Tinted moisturizer (Preferably) – I have used and would still use a foundation, which is a heavier product than a cream or tinted moisturizer. I like my make up to feel light on my face and I do not enjoy a layered or “cake” type of look or feeling.
- Mascara – Before getting into make up, my go to was always: mascara and lip gloss then it progressed into mascara and a bold lip and now its a bit more of a process with the added base for my entire face. Also, in the past I’ve paid for extensions and I love the look except, i don’t like feeling like I can’t wash my face thoroughly and the process of getting lash extensions of, and the fear of losing my own lashes was never a great feeling. I don’t remember the last time I’ve had lash extensions. Recently, i’ve tried applying falsies and although after a whole hour of trying I got them on, it was still a process I didn’t enjoy. I am told the more I do them the easier it gets… Ok!
- Lip stick and/or Lip Balm – Wether I put on a popping Lip or a subtle balm, it all depends on my mood.
Next, let me get to the products im currently using for a simple and natural “beat” face!
- For a moisturizer I use a sunscreen/moisturizer from my unibeauty or the skin & Clear serum on top of my cleansed face.
- After, ill use my Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer – It gives me a light weight smooth effect and moisturizes my face as well. (Lots of moisture)
- I decide between “Too faced – Better than sex“ mascara or a new mascara I decided to try “Marc Jacobs”. I was gifted a trial size “marc Jacobs” mascara on a shopping day at sephora and I fell in love.
- For my brows: I use a cheap brow pencil from the beauty supply store that I paid no more than 1.99 for. It works perfectly to help me perfect my brow technique/routine.
- concealer: I don’t always use a concealer but when I do, my concealer of choice is “Too Faced- Born this way” multi-use sculpting concealer, which gives full coverage, so I use a tad bit during each use.
- For my natural no effort looks, I would normally use my “SUGAR” fresh Lip Treatment, which contains SPF 15 and/or my “Fenty Glow” – Shimmering rose nude to give me a little gloss and pop!
Although I barely wear make up, I do enjoy the way these products enhance my physical appearance. I prefer simplicity when it comes to putting on make-up. I also do not like to spend more than 15-20 minutes on my face.
If you use any of these products or have any suggestions for other products I should try, drop a comment below and let me know.
Until next time my loves,
Peace. Love. Style.